Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Freelance Writer's Thanksgiving Prayer

CLIENTS

Im thankful for clients.

Im thankful for clients who pay.

Im thankful for clients who pay on time.

Im thankful for clients who pay what Im worth.

Im thankful for clients who pay their thanks to me.

Im thankful for clients who realize my value.

Im thankful for clients who have ideas.

Im thankful for clients who have no idea.

Im thankful for clients who know when to give up their ideas.

Im thankful for clients who know what they want.

Im thankful for clients who know when they dont know what they want.

Im thankful for clients who let me do my job.

Im thankful for clients who realize writing IS a job.

Im thankful for clients who realize writing is MY job.

ME

Im thankful for the gift of writing.

Im thankful for the gift of writing for a living.

Im thankful for the gift of writing words that matter.

Im thankful for the gift of writing just for me.

Im thankful for the gift of writing love notes to those who matter.

Im thankful for the gift of writing editorials that change peoples minds.

Im thankful for the gift of writing to help others.

Im thankful for the gift of writing down what Im thankful for.

FRIENDS

Im thankful for friends who realize I write for a living.

Im thankful for friends who dont ask me to work for free.

Im thankful for friends who dont tell me to get a real job.

Im thankful for friends who pick up the tab during dry spells.

FAMILY

Im thankful for family who respect my working hours.

Im thankful for family who encouraged me to purse my dream.

Im thankful for family who ignore me when Im on deadline.

Im thankful for family who know I love them, even when Im on deadline.

Im thankful for family who realize that my computer really is a person to me.

Im thankful for family who know Im a professional, even in my fuzzy slippers.

DEADLINES

Im thankful for deadlines that pass.

Im thankful for deadlines that pass with pay.

MONEY WISH LIST

Im thankful for checks;

Im thankful for checks that come in the mail,

Im thankful for checks that come in the mail on time;

Im thankful for checks that come in the mail on time in my name;

Im thankful for notification of payment received emails from PayPal;

Im thankful for bank lines of credit;

Im thankful for bank lines of credit in my name;

Im thankful for bills that dont come;

Im thankful for bills that dont come in my name;

Im thankful for bills that are paid;

Im thankful for bills that are paid on time;

Im thankful for bills that are paid on time in my name.

WISH LIST FOR CLIENTS

I wish for vodka shots before talking to unreasonable clients;

bottles of tequila to share with good clients;

a moonshine hangover to nonpaying clients; and

a three-martini introduction to new clients.

WORK

Im thankful for work.

Im thankful for work that matters.

Im thankful for work that I love.

Im thankful for work that I love that pays.

May be reprinted with the following, in full:

Yuwanda Black is the publisher of http://InkwellEditorial.com: THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed! Log on to http://InkwellEditorial.com to learn how.Almira Blog68567
Bunnie Blog54485

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Besucherza sexsearch